– Explores methods for improving performance and reliability of commercial-off-the-shelf servers for military applications –
SAN DIEGO – Z Microsystems, a leading provider of field-ready computing systems, today announced that it is presenting the online webcast Ruggedizing COTS Components for ISR Applications in Extreme Environments on Wednesday, October 26, 2011, at 2:00 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT). The webcast is hosted by Military Embedded Systems, a leading defense industry journal published by OpenSystems Media. Registration for the complimentary webcast can be made at http://bit.ly/zmicrocots
Warfighters and commanders rely on unprecedented amounts of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) data that is processed and filtered from UAV sensors, satellites, and remote monitoring stations. The computer hardware processing this information must not only be rugged, but also take advantage of the latest in commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components and standards.
This webcast, presented by rugged computer expert Jason Wade, vice president of product marketing at Z Microsystems, will cover lessons learned in battlefield deployments as well as design techniques for leveraging COTS technology to improve the reliability and processing performance of ISR systems in extreme environments.
Participants will learn:
- • How to redesign rugged battlefield computer systems from ground up with COTS components.
- • How to improve ISR in military systems through COTS processors and standards, while managing obsolescence.
- • Methods for ruggedizing COTS components for high humidity, dust, and sand environments.
- • Case studies of rugged servers used in ISR applications.
- • Electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection techniques for rugged servers.
The webcast will be moderated by John McHale, editorial director of Military Embedded Systems. For registration, visit http://bit.ly/zmicrocots.
About Z Microsystems
For more than 20 years, Z Microsystems has been supplying superior computing technology to the US military and defense system integrators. Z Microsystems is the leading designer and manufacturer of “field–ready” computing solutions designed to meet the rigorous requirements of military and government users. Z Microsystems’ field–ready commercial off–the–shelf (COTS) products include rugged flat panel displays, rugged computers and rugged storage systems. For more information, visit www.zmicro.com.