– Sharpens and clarifies video images vital to UAS and ISR mission success –
SAN DIEGO – August 23, 2010 —Z Microsystems, a leading provider of mission-ready computing systems, today announced the launch of the Any-Image-Anywhere (AIA), a new advanced image enhancement and routing system for full-motion video. Especially vital to the success of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions, AIA enhances video images in real time and allows any video source to be routed to any combination of displays.
AIA combines high performance parallel processing, high speed video switching, and open architecture algorithms to enhance full motion video in real time. Offering unprecedented image clarity, AIA provides access to multiple views from a single display station and the ability to route video streams on-demand. In addition, AIA has an open architecture that supports a wide variety of commercially available image processing algorithms. These image enhancement algorithms filter out visual distractions, while adjusting contrast and color to aid the eye in focusing on elements of interest.
“Live full-motion video from unmanned aircraft and drones has become indispensable in military and intelligence operations. Quality imagery is essential to mission success,” said Jack Wade, CEO of Z Microsystems. “AIA brings out the detail from images degraded by poor visibility or atmospheric interference. It can also help to pinpoint a subject hidden in a large landscape. This will allow military analysts to make better decisions.”
- Processes multiple video streams at 30 frames per second in real-time, with zero latency, and supports full 1080p high definition video
- Routes any video source through any number of image processing algorithms, then outputs the video stream to any monitor, network, recorder, or similar device.
- Provides ability to route multiple sources to one monitor or to virtual screens within a monitor.
- Allows operators to turn image functions on or off or swap the primary and picture-in-picture (PIP) windows using the touch screen.
- Allows users to select new video streams on demand using touch sensitive areas on the display, called virtual buttons.
“AIA is the best tool we’ve seen to come along in the ISR arena since the advent of full motion video,” said retired US Marine Corp. Col. John Jordan. “AIA has the potential to provide a level of visual clarity that has never been possible before.” Jordan is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for UAS and an analyst with Pacific Synergistics.
For more information on Any-Image-Anywhere, visit zmicro.com/aia
About Z Microsystems
For more than 20 years, Z Microsystems has been supplying superior computing technology to the US military and defense system integrators. Today, Z Microsystems designs and manufacturers field-ready computing solutions for military, medical, industrial and law enforcement applications. The company’s commercial off–the–shelf (COTS) products include rugged flat panel displays, high-performance computers and flexible storage systems. For more information, visit www.zmicro.com.
Note to Media: Photos available upon request