Rugged High-Capacity Storage Solutions
Demanding Environments Demand Rugged Storage
The TranzPak 2 rugged storage module is an ultra-compact and lightweight data solution for military and industrial applications. Designed and MIL-tested for computing performance in harsh environments, the TranzPak 2 delivers advanced protection for any 2.5” spinning or solid state drive (SSD). Whether collecting data in the field or reproducing those results in the lab, the TranzPak 2 offers superior protection for your digital intelligence.
Advanced Engineering. Advanced Protection. The TranzPak 2 is meticulously engineered for deployed conditions. Gaskets and thermal padding protect enclosed drives from temperature and humidity. An aluminum body with anti-corrosive sealing shields each drive from abuse while maintaining its lightweight advantages. Additionally, the TranzPak 2 features a robust cam-action insertion/extraction lever for secured operation, interlocking ribs for organization and storage, a recessed rear connector port to protect cable connections, and a recessed label pad for data identification using standard Avery® labels.
Rugged Storage with Universal Compatibility
TranzPak 2 storage modules are cross-compatible along ZMicro’s complete line of rugged computing solutions including: ZX Computer Platforms and TranzStor Docking systems. “Hot-swappable” TranzPak 2 modules offer flexibility and efficiency in deployed environments or reproducing deployed environments in the lab.
- • 2TB HDD/SSD Capacity
- • SATA3 compatible speeds up to 6.0Gbps
- • Houses any low profile 2.5” HDD or SSD
- • Ultra-compact, lightweight rugged construction
- • Protects drives from ESD and debris
- • ZMicro cross-compatible design
- • Durable cam-action locking lever
- • “Hot-swappable” storage device
- • Thermal padded for increased protection
- • EMI/RFI protection
- • Moisture and humidity protected design
- • Interlocking ribs for secure stacking
- TranzPak 2 Specifications
- HDD Capacity Up to 2TB SATA, SAS up to 900GB
- SSD Capacity Up to 2TB
- SATA Speeds Up to SATA 3, 6.0Gbps
- SAS Speeds Up to SAS 6.0Gbps, 10,000 RPM
- Dimensions .74 x 3.07 x 6.11 inch / 19 x 78 x 155 mm
- Weight 7-10 oz. | .2-.3 kg
- Operating Temperature 0° to 50°C (Extended temperatures achievable with SSD)
- Non-Op Temperature* -40° to +70°C
- Humidity*MIL-STD-810G, Section 507.5, Section 507.5, 30°C to 60°C @ 95% RH for 240 hrs (w/ conformal coating) DO-160, Section 8, Curve B with SSD options
- Operating altitude* Up to 10,000 ft.
- Non-operating altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration* MIL-STD-167 up to 25Hz (Above 25Hz throughput will degrade with HDDs)
- Shock* MIL-STD-810G, 40g’s, 11ms, saw-tooth
- Fungus Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI / EMC* MIL-STD-461F, RE101 Army Limits, RE102 (Shipboard levels), RS101, RS13 (up to 60v/m), CE102, CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116
- MTTR < 30 mins.
- ESD/Safety* IEC 61000-4-2 8kv contact, 15kv air / IEC60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454
- * Test results pending or qualified by similarity