Rugged 2U Video Capture, Encoding, Compression, Streaming, and Archiving Solution
Rugged. Reliable. Performance.
ZMicro's ZX2-VCES (Video Capture & Encoding Solution) Server is a high performance video capture and encoding platform engineered specifically to help management digital video content in demanding military, aerospace, and other applications. The ZX2-VCES integrates Intel®’s powerful Xeon® processors, the latest high performance e-ATX motherboards, NVidia® & ATI® graphic cards, and the ruggedized GE® ICS-8580 card for advanced capture, compression, streaming and archiving capabilities. With storage for up to 6 rugged TranzPak 2 modules, the ZX2-VCES offers advanced protection and “hot-swappable” convenient data storage for all of your deployed video content.
Advanced Video Capture, Compression and Streaming
The ZMicro's ZX2-VCES Server hosts one or two ICS-8580 stand-alone video platform from GE® Intelligent Platforms. This lightweight and low power consumption platform provides real-time multi-channel encoding and decoding for video streaming and transmission, making it an ideal solution for military and aerospace market video demands. Each card is capable of processing two channels of high-definition video (1600x1200p); one channel of high-definition and two channels of standard definition (720x480p) video; or four standard definition video channels. The ICS-8580 features configurable and adaptable video compression formats. Video data compression ratios range up to 150:1 with 75ms latency from input to output for full high-definition video. For more information visit our website or check out Military Embedded Systems, March 2013 Vol. 9 Edition (Field Intelligence: Video Processing on the fly., Pg. 10).
MISSION-READY™ Computers for Mission-Critical Applications
ZMicro has over 27 years of experience in ruggedizing COTS components to operate reliably at peak performance in harsh environments. ZX2-VCES Servers meet stringent MIL-STD requirements for shock/vibration, and EMI by implementing: 3-axis PCI expansion card support brackets, a reinforced aluminum chassis, RTV and locking connectors, and input filters and cable shielding protectors. The ZX2-VCES takes reliability seriously, equipped with Z Microsystems proprietary Environmental Control Board (ECB) that actively monitors and drives adaptive airflow to ‘hotspots’ within the server.
- • Rugged 2U rack unit (20” depth) server
- • Latest motherboards up to e-ATX form factor
- • Powerful Intel® Xeon® Processors
- • High performance NVIDIA® & ATI® graphics cards
- • Up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz registered ECC memory
- • GE® ICS-8580 video capture and encoding cards
- • Lightweight aluminum chassis
- • AC/DC Power Supply options; Mil-5015 connector
- • Up to 6 TranzPak 2 storage modules (up to 1TB ea)
- • Front panel system status display
- • Intelligent system monitoring and adaptive cooling
- • Convenient front accessible USB slots
- • MIL-STD-810G Shock & Temperature
- • MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC, MIL-STD-167 & DO-160 Vibe
GE® Intelligent Platforms ICS-8580 Video Capture Card
- • Real-time multi-channel encoding and decoding for transmission of video over IP data link
- • 2 channels of high-definition (1600x1200p) encoded video @ 30fps OR
- 1 channel of high-definition & 2 channels of standard-definition (720x480p) video @ 30 fps OR
- 4 channels of standard-definition encoded video @ 30fps
- • ITU-T H.264 AVC Codec (MPEG-4 Part 10) main profile with configurable codec parameters
- • MPEG2 TS multiplexing with audio and meta-data encapsulation
- • Data rates from 512kbps to 20Mbps <60ms Latency
- • Supported I/O: HD/SD SDI, NTSC/PAL, HDTV (1080p/720p), CVBS, S-Video, Component
- • PCIe Gen1 x4 Data link for Raw/Compressed Video Transport, Metadata and H/W •configuration
- System Overview (customizable upon request - standard configuration shown)
- Motherboard Latest X8 and X9 motherboards up to eATX form factor
- Processor 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2648L (20M Cach, 1.8GHz, 8.0GT/s Intel® QPI, 70W, 8 cores)
- Memory Up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz Registered ECC Memory
- Storage 4 x TranzPak 2 rugged storage modules (HDD up to 1TB, SSD up to 800GB)
- Graphics Latest NVIDIA® and ATI® graphics cards
- Video Processing GE® ICS-8580 XMC format video platform
- Cooling ZMicro Environmental Control Board (ECB) + Thermal Sensor Network
- Dimensions 3.5"H x 17.14"W x 20.00"D (inside rack)
- Weight 25 lbs.
- DC Power Supply 750W max supply, fixed, MIL-DTL-5015 connector
- DC Input Range 18-36VDC @ 46 to 26A (Inrush current 100A @ 24VDC @ 25°C)
- AC Power Supply Available upon request
- Operating Temperature MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5 & 502.5, 0° to 50°C (Extended operating temperatures achievable)
- Non-Op Temperature -40° to +70°C
- Operating Altitude* Up to 10,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration DO-160 Section 8, Curve B (with SSDs)
- Shock MIL-STD-810G 30g's, 11ms, saw-tooth
- Fungus* Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMC* MIL-STD-461F, RE101 Army Limits, RE102 (Aircraft > 25m), RS101, RS103 (up to 60v/m), CE102, CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116
- Expected Operating Life 10 years
- Maintainability <20 minutes @ Line-Replacable Unit (LRU) Level
- ESD/Safety* CE Compliant (AC Servers) | IEC 60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454
- * Test results pending or qualified by similarity