Widescreen Rugged Displays with Low Profile Folding Handles
Rugged Agile Performance
The Orion 18.5” ruggedized display has been engineered and optimized for mobile rack-mount applications. Rugged folding transportation handles provide convenient installation and removal, improving the time it takes for deployment and rapid panel replacement. As a rack mount solution, these handles snap into place for low-profile access and unhindered viewing.
Experience Unparalleled Clarity
The design goal for the Orion 18.5” was to deliver an unmatched operator experience with increased viewing options and modes. The wide aspect ratio 18.5” Orion display offers a native 1366 x 768 (WUXGA) resolution while supporting multiple Picture-in-Picture (PIP) views and other modes such as Dual-View and Quad-View. This widescreen solution also offers an advanced viewing experience with ZMicro's Real Time Enhanced Video (RTEV) technology. Applying powerful real-time video enhancement algorithms directly to the incoming video stream, this technology provides users with advanced control and customization over algorithms directly from the display controls.
Since 1986 ZMicro has delivered MIL-tailored display and computing solutions to the military and DOD. The Orion 18.5” display is no exception to this, offering resilience to high levels of shock and vibration, advanced EMI protection, and extended operating temperatures. The Orion series also features optional Anti-Reflective or Anti-Glare shields, and a precision infrared touch panel for improved operational efficiency.
- • 18.5" wide aspect ratio viewing area
- • 1366 x 768 (WUXGA) native resolution
- • LED backlight
- • Brightness of 300 nits
- • Real Time Enhanced Video (RTEV) capable
- • Digital and analog video signal support
- • Durable and lightweight machined-aluminum design
- • Low profile folding transportation handles
- • 19" RETMA rack mounting options
- • Infrared touch panel support
- • Optically bonded AR or AG shield options
- • Optional EMI MicroMesh
- • On-screen display (OSD) menus for user customization
- Panel Size 18.5" active viewing area
- Native Resolution 1366 x 768 (WUXGA)
- Backlight LED
- Dimensions 11.5 x 18.81 x 4.66 inch | 292 x 478 x 118 mm
- Weight 15.1 lbs. | 6.8 kg
- Brightness 300 nits
- Contrast Ratio 1000:1
- Color Pallette 16.7 Million
- Controls INPUT, Z1, Z2, MENU/SELECT, MINUS (-), PLUS (+), EXIT, STANDBY, USB Communications (custom menu options available)
- Options Optically bonded AR shield, infrared touch panel, embedded Real Time Enhanced Video
- Scaling Modes No Scale, Full screen scaled, SAR (Scaled Aspect Ratio)
- Viewing Modes Dual-View, Quad-View, Multiple Picture-in-Picture
- Connectors DVI-I, HDSDI, HD-15, C14 IEC 320 socket, USB Type-B
- Mounting 19" RETMA rack mounting options
- Power Consumption 40 W (dependent on # of PIPs
- AC Power Supply 100-240 VAC, 2.0A input @ 50-60Hz
- Operating Temperature* 0° to 50°C
- Storage Temperature* -40° to +70°C
- Humidity* Up to 95% Non condensing @ 40°C for 48 hours
- Operating Altitude* Up to 10,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration* DO-160, Section 8, Curve B
- Shock* MIL-STD-810G, 30g's, 11ms saw-tooth
- Fungus Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMC* MIL-STD-461F, RE102
- MTBF* Min. 50,000 hrs (backlight only)
- MTTR under 30 mins.
- ESD/Safety* IEC 61000-4-2 8kv contact, 15kv air / IEC60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454
- * Test results pending or qualified by similarity