Rugged Displays for Airborne, Shipboard and ISR applications
MIL-Qualified Rugged Flat Panel Display
ZMicro’s Orion 21L is a 1600 x 1200 resolution (UXGA) flat panel display engineered for optimal peformance in harsh military environments. Utilizing a brilliant 21.3" LED display and the third generation ZMicro advanced video control, the Orion 21L provides an industry leading visualization experience with the most advanced LCD and video controller on the market. The Orion 21L meets or exceeds the most rigorous of miiltary environmental standards while providing flexibliity through support of numerous input resolutions. ZMicro's latest display offers a complete rugged display solution in a low profile packaging.
Advanced Customization and Control
The Orion 21L is equipped with ZMicro’s new high-performance video controller that supports a wide variety of viewing options including: Picture-In-Picture (PIP), Dual-View, Quad-View, and more. It also offers powerful algorithm processing tools, delivering Real-Time Video Enhancement capability to improve details of incoming video without adding latency to incoming video streams.
MIL-Tailored Displays with Options
Since 1986 ZMicro has delivered MIL-tailored solutions to the military and DOD. The Orion 21L is no exception to this with full qualifiaction reports for MIL-STD-901D, Grade A shock, DO-160 vibration, MIL-STD-461F EMI and temperature. The Orion 21L is tailored for extreme environments with an optically bonded EMI MicroMesh and MIL-Circular locking connectors.
- • 21.3" ultra-rugged display platform
- • 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) native resolution
- • LED backlight
- • Brightness of 285 nits - Increased brightness options available
- • Picture-In-Picture (PIP) support
- • Real Time Enhanced Video (RTEV) capable
- • Digital and analog video signal support
- • Thin, low-profile bezel
- • 19" RETMA rack mounting options
- • Optically bonded shield with EMI MicroMesh
- • On-screen display (OSD) menus for user customization
- • Viewing angles are fully adjustable per 5th - 95th percentile MIL-STD ergonomics specifications
- Panel Size 21.3" active viewing area
- Native Resolution 1600 x 1200 (UXGA)
- Backlight LED
- Dimensions14.25 H x 18.98 W x 3.07 D inch / 292 H x 478 W x 118 D mm
- Weight17.5 lbs. / 7.9 kgg
- Brightness 285 nits (Higher brightness available)
- Color Pallette 16.7 Million
- Viewing Angle Full ± 88°
- Controls INPUT, Z1, Z2, MENU/SELECT, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, EXIT, STANDBY, and USB Communications (custom menu options available)
- Optically EMI MicroMesh
- Scaling Modes No Scale, Full screen scaled, SAR (Scaled Aspect Ratio)
- Connectors MIL-DTL-5015 locking connector, DVI-I, HD-15, USB Type-B
- Mounting Custom 19” RETMA rack mounting
- AC Power Supply 110-240VAC, 2.0A input @ 50-60Hz
- Power Consumption 72W
- Operating Temperature 0° to 50°C
- Storage Temperature -40° to +70°C
- Humidity* Up to 95% Non condensing @ 40°C for 48 hours
- Operating Altitude* Up to 15,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration DO-160 Section 8, Curve B
- ShockMIL-STD-901D, Grade A, MIL-STD-810G, 20g’s
- Fungus Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMCMIL-STD-461F, RE102 (Aircraft > 25m, passed), RS103, CE102 (passed), CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116
- MTTR < 30 mins.
- ESD/Safety* IEC 61000-4-2 8kv contact, 15kv air / IEC60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454