Rugged Displays with Real Time Enhanced Video
Ultra-Rugged Next-Gen Display Platform
ZMicro's Orion 21 is a 1600 x 1200 resolution (UXGA) flat panel display engineered for high-performance in extreme environments. The third generation of Orion displays incorporates the robust design of the veteran Orion “battle-shell” with today’s industry-leading electronics. The Orion-21 offers advanced customization tools and capabilities for improving view mode options, delivering efficiency-boosting display performance in a tough low-profile footprint.
Advanced Customization and Control
The Orion 21 is equipped with ZMicro’s new high-performance video controller that supports a wide variety of viewing options including: Picture-In-Picture (PIP), Dual-View, Quad-View, and more. It also offers powerful algorithm enhancement tools, delivering optimal video quality and control without adding latency to incoming video streams.
MIL-Tailored Displays with Options
Since 1986 ZMicro has delivered MIL-tailored solutions to the military and DOD. The Orion 21 is no exception to this, offering ruggedized features to meet MIL-STD-810G resilience to shock & vibe, MIL-STD-461F EMI protection, optional MIL-Circular locking connectors, and extended operating temperatures. The Orion 21 also features an optically bonded Anti-Reflective (AR) shield, EMI MicroMesh, durable touch panel options, and wide viewing angles for a next-generation viewing experience.
- • 21.3" ultra-rugged display platform
- • 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) native resolution
- • CCFL backlight
- • Brightness of 250 nits
- • Viewing mode options include: Dual-View, Quad-View, & Picture-In-Picture (PIP) support
- • Real Time Enhanced Video (RTEV) capable
- • Digital and analog video signal support
- • Durable transportation handles
- • 19" RETMA rack mounting options
- • Resistive touchscreen panel support
- • Optically bonded AR shield with EMI MicroMesh
- • On-screen display (OSD) menus for user customization
- • Viewing angles are fully adjustable per 5th - 95th percentile MIL-STD ergonomics specifications
- Panel Size 21.3" active viewing area
- Native Resolution 1600 x 1200 (UXGA)
- Backlight CCFL
- Dimensions (Standard) 15.74 x 20.00 x 4.98 inch | 400 x 508 x 127 mm
- Weight 24 lbs. | 10.9 kg
- Dimensions (PIP Support) 15.74 x 20.00 x 5.44 inch | 400 x 508 x 138 mm
- Weight 26 lbs. | 11.8 kg
- Brightness 250 nits
- Color Pallette 16.7 Million
- Viewing Angle Full ± 85°
- Controls INPUT,MENU/SELECT, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, EXIT, STANDBY, and USB Communications (Custom menu options available)
- Options Optically bonded AR shield, EMI MicroMesh, Picture-In-Picture (PIP), Embedded Real Time Enhanced Video
- Scaling Modes No Scale, Full screen scaled, SAR (Scaled Aspect Ratio)
- Connectors DVI-I, HD-15, BNC, MIL-DTL-5015 OR C14 IEC 320 socket, USB Type-B
- Mounting Custom 19” RETMA rack mounting (with adapter plate)
- Power Consumption 101-170 W (depending on # of PIPs)
- AC Power Supply 100-240 VAC, 2.0A input @ 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temperature 0° to 50°C
- Storage Temperature -40° to +70°C
- Humidity* Up to 95% Non condensing @ 40°C for 48 hours
- Operating Altitude Up to 15,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration MIL-STD-167, Shipboard Limits
- Shock MIL-STD-810G, 30g's
- Fungus Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMC MIL-STD-461F, CE102, RE102, CS101, CS114, RS103
- MTTR under 30 mins.
- ESD/Safety IEC 61000-4-2 8kv contact, 15kv air / IEC60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454