High Performance Computer for Mission-Success in Harsh Environments
The ZX3 Computer is a high performance, rack mountable, computing and graphics processing powerhouse. At only 5.20” (3U) high by 20 inches deep, this compact, rugged workstation utilizes minimal rack space and delivers an extremely flexible computing and high-capacity storage solution that is unbeatable in mission–ready applications.
The ZX3 integrates the latest computing technology with a system architecture supporting any Extended ATX form-factor motherboards with support for up to twelve rugged hot–pluggable TP2 removable drives, a slimline DVD-RW, and an environmental control board to support proper thermal regulation. User–friendly features include a front accessible power switch, two front accessible USB ports for rapid connectivity, and a quick release top access cover for ease of service and hardware installation.
Optimized for rugged conditions, the ZX3 hosts innovative PCI card hold–down brackets that secure cards in all three axis (X/Y/Z). In addition, the front panel provides a filtered dust door with a systems status display to quickly monitor the status of the rugged server. Dual redundant power supplies insure support for the latest multi-core processors and high-end PCI Express graphics cards.
ZMicro's engineers are experts in the design of systems that reduce the risk, cost and failure caused by harsh environmental conditions. Designed to exceed MIL-STD 167 for vibration and MIL-STD 461 for EMI, ZX3 Computers are a robust solution for mission–ready applications. Enhanced military options such as EMI filtered power supplies with Mil-Circular connectors, locking security panels, environmental cooling units (ECU) may be available.
- • Supports the latest Intel® Multi-Core Processors
- • Supports any SuperMicro® and Tyan® Extended ATX form-factor motherboard
- • High Performance NVIDIA graphics
- • Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) capable
- • 650W dual-redundant AC Power Supply Option
- • 750W fixed DC Power Supply Option
- • 19" RETMA rack mountable
- • Flexible & robust 3U rack height (5.20")
- • Support for up to 6 PCI add-on card
- • Durable three-axis PCI support brackets
- • Supports up to 12 rugged TranzPak2 HDDs or SSDs
- • Slim DVD-RW and front access USB ports
- • Environmental control board & system status monitoring
- System Memory Up to 512GB of system memory (motherboard dependent)
- Storage Capacity Up to 12 TranzPak2 rugged storage modules (Standard 2.5" drives)
- Storage Options SATA/SAS, HDD & SSD
- PCI Options 6 PCI Card Add-on Slots
- Dimensions 5.20"H x 17.15"W x 20.00"D (inside rack)
- Unit Weight 33 lbs (40.5 lbs. with storage modules)
- AC Power Supply 650W Dual-Redundant
- AC Input Range 90-132 / 180-264VAC (Input Frequency - 47-63Hz)
- DC Power Supply 750W Fixed
- DC Input Range 18-36VDC @ 46 to 26A (Inrush current 100A @ 24VDC @ 25°C
- Operating Temperature* 0° to 50°C
- Storage Temperature* -40° to +70°C
- Humidity* MIL-STD-810G, Section 507.5, 30° to 60°C @ 95% RH for 240 hrs (with conformal coating)
- MIL-STD-810G, Section 507.5, Up to 95% Non-condensing @ 40° C for 48 hours (without conformal coating)
- Operating Altitude* Up to 10,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration* MIL-STD-167 up to 25Hz (Above 25Hz will degrade throughput with HDDs)
- DO-160 Section 8, Curve B2 (Extended Vibration support for SSDs)
- Shock* MIL-STD-810G 40g's, 11ms saw-tooth
- Fungus* Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMC* MIL-STD-461F, RE101 Army Limits, RE102 (Shipboard levels), RS101, RS103 (up to 60v/m), CE102, CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116
- Expected Operating Life 10 years
- Maintainability <20 minutes @ Line-Replacable Unit (LRU) Level
- ESD/Safety* CE Compliant (AC Servers) | IEC 60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454
- * Test results pending or qualified by similarity