High Performance 2U Computer for Mission-Success in Harsh Environments
The ZX2 Computer is a low–profile, rack mountable, computing and graphics processing powerhouse. At only 3.45” (2U) high by 20 inches deep, this compact, lightweight, rugged workstation gives back valuable rack space and delivers a flexible and high–performance computing solution for demanding mission–ready applications.
The ZX2 integrates the latest computing technology with a system architecture supporting any of the extended ATX form-factor motherboards with support for up to six rugged hot–pluggable TP2 removable drives, a slim-line DVD-RW, and an environmental control board to support proper thermal regulation. User–friendly features include a front accessible power switch, two front accessible USB ports for rapid connectivity, and a quick release top access cover for ease of service and hardware installation.
Optimized for rugged conditions, the ZX2 hosts innovative PCI card hold–down brackets that secure cards in all three axis (X/Y/Z). In addition, the front panel provides a filtered dust door with a systems status display to quickly monitor the status of the rugged server. Dual redundant 650W AC power supplies ensure minimal system down time with fail-over support while supporting the power requirements of the latest multi-core processors and high-end PCI Express graphics cards.
ZMicro's engineers are experts in the design of systems that reduce the risk, cost and failure caused by harsh environmental conditions. Designed to exceed MIL-STD 167 for vibration a nd MIL-STD 461 for EMI, ZX2 Computers are a robust solution for hostile, mission–ready applications. Other enhanced options such as EMI filtered power supplies with MIL-Circular connectors, locking security panels, and environmental control board (ECB) are available.
- • Supports the latest Intel® Multi-Core Processors
- • Supports any SuperMicro® and Tyan® Extended ATX form-factor motherboard
- • High Performance NVIDIA graphics
- • Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) capable
- • 650W dual-redundant AC Power Supply Option
- • 750W fixed DC Power Supply Option
- • 19" RETMA rack mountable
- • Slim 2U rack height (3.45")
- • Support for up to 3 PCI add-on card
- • Durable three-axis PCI support brackets
- • Supports up to 6 rugged TranzPak2 HDDs or SSDs
- • Slim DVD-RW and front access USB ports
- • Environmental control board & system status monitoring
- System Memory Up to 512GB of system memory (motherboard dependent)
- Storage Capacity Up to 6 TranzPak2 rugged storage modules (Standard 2.5" drives)
- Storage Options SATA/SAS, HDD & SSD
- PCI Options 3 PCI Card Add-on Slots
- Dimensions 3.45"H x 17.14"W x 20.00"D (inside rack)
- Unit Weight 25 lbs (29 lbs. with storage modules)
- AC Power Supply 650W Dual-Redundant
- AC Input Range 90-132 / 180-264VAC (Input Frequency - 47-63Hz)
- DC Power Supply 750W Fixed
- DC Input Range 18-36VDC @ 46 to 26A (Inrush current 100A @ 24VDC @ 25°C
- Operating Temperature* 0° to 50°C (Extended operating temperatures achievable)
- Storage Temperature* -40° to +70°C
- Humidity* MIL-STD-810G, Section 507.5, 30° to 60°C @ 95% RH for 240 hrs (with conformal coating)
- MIL-STD-810G, Section 507.4, Up to 95% Non-condensing @ 40° C for 48 hours (without conformal coating)
- Operating Altitude* Up to 10,000 ft.
- Non-Op Altitude* Up to 40,000 ft.
- Vibration* MIL-STD-167 up to 25Hz (Above 25Hz throughput will degrade with HDDs)
- DO-160 Section 8, Curve B2 (Extended Vibration support for SSDs)
- Shock* MIL-STD-810G 40g's, 11ms saw-tooth
- Fungus* Non-nutrients/contaminants
- EMI/EMC* MIL-STD-461F, RE101 Army Limits, RE102 (Shipboard levels), RS101, RS103 (up to 60v/m), CE102, CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116
- Expected Operating Life 10 years
- Maintainability <20 minutes @ Line-Replacable Unit (LRU) Level
- ESD/Safety* CE Compliant (AC Servers) | IEC 60950 (Used as a guideline)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454
- * Test results pending or qualified by similarity