High Performance Multi-Processing Unit
The COMxAir is a compact, rack mountable high-density multi-processing system with military-grade disk encryption that automatically secures data as it is written to the SSDs. It is designed to use today’s leading-edge components including Intel Quad-Core processors, NVIDIA™ Quadro GPUs, and industry standard COM Express motherboards and is upgradable to next generation components. With 14 expansion slots, there is room to add more processing power and storage as needed. The COMxAir is built for rugged computing environments such as aircraft, vehicles, and ground control stations where server Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) are important and data security is essential.
SecureLock - Encrypted Data Protectione
With SecureLock, disk drives are locked and data remains encrypted until the proper encryption keys are installed using a specially configured USB token. The USB token can be used to unlock drives that are locally attached to the COMxAir system or drives located on another COMxAir system anywhere on the network. Once the key token is provided, the system operates normally and disk encryption is completely transparent to end-users. Whenever the system is powered down, the drives are automatically locked until the next time the system in powered on and the key is again provided. SecureLock also allows users to lock drives by issuing a command either by a thumb drive or over the network during normal operation.
Configurable Options w/Distributed Powero
The COMxAir features a lightweight rugged chassis that minimizes the use of cables, scalable distributed power architecture, and versatile processor and storage options. Its 14 expansion slots can be configured with a mix of CPUs, GPUs, and a RAID controller to match program requirements. Each processor and graphics board comes with its own local power supply to provide a scalable power architecture that gives system designers greater control in meeting power budgets. The system also includes adaptive thermal management features that further improve power efficiency and reliability.
- • 19", 5U rack mount server, 14 explansion slots
- • Modular architecture for up to 14 CPU boards
- • Intel® Core i7 Quad-Core 2.4GHz processors
- • Even numbered slot can accept either a CPU or PCIe board. PCIe boards are paired with a CPU in the slot before it. eg. up to 7 GPUs, or up to 6 GPUs and 1 RAID board
- • NVIDIA™ Quadro K2000 PCIe graphics card
- • Up to 14 TPQ SSDs with AES-256 encryption, up to 6.4TB per drive
- • SATA III compatible speeds up to 6.0Gbps
- • SecureLock reliable and easy to use encryption key management
- • Adaptive thermal management
- • Embedded diagnostics - self-monitoring and remote diagnostics via webpag
- COMxAIR Advantages
- Simple, effective solution for encryption key management
- Compact, lightweight, short depth fits in most aircraft and shelters
- Efficient distributed power for scalable power consumption and performance
- Expandable and upgradeable
- Modular architecture to enable long-term program support through rapid COTS refresh
- Size and Weight
- Dimensions 8.7"H x 19.0"W x 20.1"D
- Weight 21.85 lbs.
- CPU/GPU Weight CPU = 1.95 lbs. / GPU = 1.6 lbs.
- TPQ Weight 2 Internal Drives - 1.5 lbs. / 4 Internal Drives - 1.75 lbs.
- Power Supply 18-36VDC Input range, 1140W
- Motherboard Congatec TS87 COM Express, Type 6 Module
- Processor Intel® Core® i7-4700EQ (Quad-Core, 2.4 GHz)
- Memory Up to 16GB per compute module
- Storage TPQ up to 4x capacity of Intel® 1.6TB SSD (6.4TB) per module
- Graphics NVIDIA™ Quadro K2000 PCIe graphics card
- Operating Temperature MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5: 0° to 50°C
- Storage Temperature MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5: -40° to 70°C
- Operating Altitude MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5: Up to 15,000 ft.
- Humidity DO-160F, Section 4, Category A, 50°C and 95% RH
- Operational & Crash Safety Shock DO-160E, Section 7, Saw-tooth, 6gs, 11ms
- Crash Safety, Sustainded DO-160E, Section 7 (Aircraft Type 2), 9gs all directions
- Crash Safety, Impulse DO-160E, Section 7, Saw-tooth, 20gs, 11ms
- Vibration DO-160E, Section 8, Curve B
- Power Input Category A, DO-160, Section 16, Category A
- EMI/EMC MIL-STD-461F, CE102-1, RE102-3 (Fixed wing internal >25m)
- Quality IPC/ISO 9001:2008 and applicable sections of the MIL-HDBK-454